Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
To provide professional and comprehensive plastic and reconstructive surgery to eligible beneficiaries. Reconstructive surgical services range from scar revision to skin cancer treatment and breast reduction to breast reconstruction including microvascular surgery (i.e., DIEP flap reconstruction) without cost to the patient. Cosmetic surgery and injectable services are also available with an associated fee to the patient. Referrals are not required, and patients may self-refer to the plastic and reconstructive surgery clinic.
- Reconstructive Surgeries
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Implants, DIEPs, Fat Grafting, Nipple Reconstruction)
- Colon Cancer
- Complex Wounds
- Skin Grafts
- Elective Surgeries
- Breast Reduction
- Upper Eyelid (Blepharoplasty)
- Gender Affirmation (Augmentation, Mastectomy, Nipple Reconstruction, Facial Feminization)
- Facial Lesion Excisions
- Functional Rhinoplasty
- Scar Revisions
- Cosmetic Surgeries
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Liposuction (Region Specific)
- Lower Eyelid (Blepharoplasty)
- Face/neck Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Implant Removals
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Thigh Lift
- Brow Lift
- Botox for Migraine (with referral and appropriate evaluation)
- Botox for Cosmetic Reasons (no referral required)
- Facial Tissue Fillers
- Beneficiary Types Accepted: Active Duty and Tricare Prime, as well as Standard, Select, Tricare Plus, and Medicare.
- Self-referrals for elective procedures can be made by completing a self-referral form at the Plastic Surgery Front Desk.
Specific Criteria for Referral
- For elective surgery consultations patients should maintain a BMI of 35 or lower
- Active-duty members need command approval for healthcare treatment before undergoing elective, cosmetic procedures.
- Patients who actively use tobacco products (smoking, chewing, or vaping) will be required to quit for 2 months before and after starting surgical treatment. Those with a history of tobacco use may undergo a blood or urine test to confirm they have no nicotine in their system.
Plastic Surgery Team
- 3 Plastic Surgeons
- 1 Plastic Surgery Nurse
- Ancillary clinical staff